Rover’s Black Label™ Pant is considered by many softball players to be the Premier Pant on the market today. While
Rover has certainly been copied by most every competitor out there, we’ve yet to see any pant truly up to our standards, and frankly, there are a lot softball pants out there, that don’t even come close to our Black Label softball pants.
But NOW, there is a LESS EXPENSIVE pant available, that achieves the high standard that Rover stands for… Introducing Rover Sport™ — An exceptional softball pant for players on a tighter budget. We made some minimal modifications to save some cost — and still ended up with a softball pant that is better than most on the market.
So what are the differences between the Black Label series and the Rover Sport styles? (To see where the differences are on the pants, rollover above 1-4 images with your mouse.)
Both pant series are durable, carefully constucted using super heavyweight, made-to-last, Professional Grade material and fabrics identical to those used in MLB. Both pant series are made in our manufacturing plant, right here in the United States, and double-sewn pretty much everywhere for strength. Both pant series feature:
- All seams are over-lock sewn, double-needle reinforced, cover-stitched
- Double-sewn tunnel loops with triple bar tacking
- Double Sewn Dual Belt loops with double bar tacking
- Fly seams double-needle reinforced, cover-stitched, double bar tacked
- Crotch seams double-needle reinforced, cover-stitched, double bar tacked
- Each pant has a full Double-Knee from Thigh to hem (most pants stop at mid-shin)
- Each pant has two pockets, set in to the rear of the pant.
The detailing is exceptional from the finished hems to the no-roll heavy-duty waistband. And we Guarantee that the workmanship on ALL OF OUR PANTS is solid or we’ll replace your pants.
Beyond the above, we come to Four Main Distinctions:
1. Change in Zipper: The Black Label pant has an extended 9″ zipper and cross-snap setup that increases the strength and durability of your pant and provides for a consistently comfortable fit by reducing “rollover” at the waistband. The cross-snap maintains fit and lengthens your pant life. the Rover Sport series has a more standard 7″ zipper and linear snap setups — similar to the majority of softball pants on the market.
2. No Pocket Flaps: The Black Label pants have a number of Pocket Style options, not available in the Rover Sport series, such as Contrasting or Matching Pocket Flaps, Contrasting Pocket Welts, and Trimmed or tricked out pocket details with braid options.
3.Non-Ventilated Crotch: The Black Label pants all have not only the gusseted crotch for comfort, but a set of ventilation ports for increased airflow. The Rover Sport pants maintain the strength and comfort features, but do not have the added ventilation ports.
4. No Eyelet Options at the Hem: Black Label softball pants offer players an added protection from your pant leg riding up when sliding, through eyelets at the front of Black Label pants. These eyeholes allow a player to thread his laces through the pant to keep it down on his turfs or cleats. Rover Sport models do not have this feature.